Just so I don’t forget.
I went to sleep worried about my closely related offender, and feeling guilty for unfriending him. His life is so pathetic and sad! You know?
It’s complicated when you grew up with your offender.
Some of you will know exactly what I am talking about.
Ambivalence. That’s what the text books call it.
That’s what it’s like
when someone you love
someone you also need to be afraid of.
Most of my nightmare was about me trying to convince my family of a rather unusual thing:
that this guy is capable of killing me and my kids and they need to not tell him where I live.
not being able to
I want to blog this So that other people who love and also fear their family members, and people whose family choose not to believe them about crimes that have been committed…can know they are not alone. 🌷
It’s crazy-making, isn’t it?
Grief is great.
Let us be good to one another.
–the magicians nephew by cs lewis
- My dog’s chin whiskers. Comic note. Take a look sometime.
- Bread 🍞
- Cats vs. dogs. Endless comic material. I love it.
- Fields of lavender in the 🌞
- The beach
- Audio books + any type of household chore. Automatically 75% easier
- Family meals
- Scottish, Irish or New York accents
- Welcoming soldiers home from active service
- Early Beatles music
- Red umbrellas
- Homeade cinnamon rolls
Oh I neeeeeeded these verses today.
Hubby went to the emergency room last night at midnight.
He is in intensive care now.
Blood pressure stuff
I was feeling overwhelmed and alone this morning.
But now I remember.
Jesus warned me it would be hard down here.
He promised never to leave me alone.
He’s good for it.
God, our marriage is hitting a rough patch.
I think we’re not the only ones. This pandemic thing is kickin’ our collective butts! (And for me maybe some midlife stuff too.)
I want to pray some stuff for us.
Papa I claim this verse for my marriage. Our marriages. Psalm 🙏 20:1
And these verses too.
I’m counting on You Jesus. Fix our marriages. We need You.
Help us see one thing we can do to respect our hubbys or love our wives TODAY.
Crown us with life.
Show us the way of escape that You have made ready for us.
Give us perspective.
Give us heavenly aid. Details of angels.
Lead us not into temptation. Deliver us from evil.
Yours is the glory and power forever.
I had the day from H*E*double hockey sticks! Ugh.
Emergency thankfulness list:
- Audio books while baking or gardening
- Honeysuckle, in all conceivable forms
- Blended mochas with whip
- Clean sheets with matching pillowcases
- Flannel anything
- Emma Thompson movies
- Unselfconscious and kind-hearted innocence
- Writing on chalkboards
- Kitchen aprons with pockets
- Bobby pins–so many uses!
- Mascara–instant massive improvement
- Hindsight–always 20\20
- Teakettles singing
- Riding the escalator at the mall
- Rosy cheeks and wind-whipped scarves
- Baby mammals–any kind
- Baking cookies–also any kind
- Cloud watching
- Laying on the beach after a swim